mally

Default How do I open multiple Word 2003 files to display on dual monitors

I am using MS Word 2003, and have 2 issues. I lost both these capabilities
once I upgraded to 2003.

1. I am using dual monitors on my system. How can I open a New file, or
open multiple Word files in separate windows that would allow me to move the
additional windows onto my 2nd monitor? Word 2003 allows me to open mulitple
files, however, each time a new file is opened, it's superceded within the
same working window. I was able to work using multiple windows prior to 2003,
and had full control of where I positioned my files between both my monitors.
The only way to access multiple files now is to toggle within Windows menu,
but this is frustrating if you need to modify multiple Word files and need to
see the source info from other Word files. For some reason, I cannot move
my 2nd, 3rd, etc. files outside of Words working area in order to position
them onto my second monitor screen.

2. I lost the feature of being able to use Drag and Drop in Word. My
settings in "Options" do have the feature checkbox ON, however, when I try to
drag and drop in my word file, I get a status message " Cannot drop at
current location".