Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default change the AUTO TEXT selections in the HEADER-FOOTER toolbar

The AutoText entries shown on the Header and Footer toolbar are those that
were created in the Header or Footer style. If you create the AutoText entry
when you're in a header or footer, you'll be in that style; otherwise,
you'll have to apply it manually before creating the AutoText entry.

"LJ" wrote in message
I have new AUTO TEXT that I want to easily select when I make a new

footer.
The current header- footer toolbar has the usual selections (created on,
filename etc). I have created the new auto text in the regular auto text

area
of word (insert auto text add) but don't know how to make it appear as

one
of the choices in the footer toolbar.
thanks
LJ