Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara White Barbara White is offline

Default protecting a document: allowing form completion AND comments?

Thanks, Dawn, for letting me know. They'll just have to settle for using
Tracked Changes. Thanks again.

Dawn Crosier, Word MVP wrote:
Hi Barbara -

I missed the point that you were trying to add comments from the Review
tab. Nope, you are locked out of those when you have document protection
turned on. Sorry. I thought you were adding text as comments within a
paragraph.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Barbara White" wrote in message
:

Hi, Dawn,

Thanks so much for the help, but I couldn't get this to work
completely...

I'm doing this with Word 2007 on Windows XP.

I think I followed the instructions carefully, but when I save the file
(a .dotm file) and then open a copy of it, while I can fill in the form
(in Section 1), I still cannot insert a new Comment anywhere in the
document.

To reach the Comments button, I'm going to the Review Tab, Comments
Group, and looking at "New Comment", but that button is grayed out.

I wonder if I missed something or if there is some other setting that I
might have configured to prevent Comments? I'd be grateful for any other
suggestions/input! Thanks so much.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/31/2008 9:09 AM