Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mass mail with OE 6

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\InstallCMD2 ======== Here Name InstallCmd Type REG_SZ Item?
rundll32 setupapi, InstallHinfSection MSMAIL 132 msmail.inf.

Is there a difference between CMD or Cmd?

No.

And how change InstallCMD in InstalCMD2??

Right-click on the name of the value, and select Rename.

then running Outlook Express? ======= Uou mean if OE is still working?

I just want you to run OE one time. I would expect that "InstallCMD" is
there to tell OE what to do when it first runs. Maybe when Word tries to run
OE, it fails because OE cannot do what is specified in InstallCMD. (It does
not matter if you have successfully run OE before - all I'm asking is that
you try again - if it succeeds, we do not need to worry. If it fails, that
tells us something).

3. Do you have a file called mapisvc.inf anywhere on your system? If so,
can
you please rename it (e.g. to mapisvc.jnf) ? ======= mapisvc.inf =

OK, that is interesting, because I do not have a mapisvc.inf here. I think
it is installed by Outlook 2003 installation.

I hate to ask this, but how difficult would it be for you to reinstall
Windows XP?

I am also wondering whether you could try going into Office setup and go
through the process of removing Outlook again?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Pierewiet" wrote in message
1. Can you try renaming the Windows registry value

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\InstallCMD

to e.g.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\InstallCMD2 ======== Here Name InstallCmd Type REG_SZ Item?
rundll32 setupapi, InstallHinfSection MSMAIL 132 msmail.inf. Is there a
difference between CMD or Cmd? And how change InstallCMD in InstalCMD2??

then running Outlook Express? ======= Uou mean if OE is still working?

2. Do you have a registry key called
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\MSMapiApps
======= It is a file with many .exe and .dll

3. Do you have a file called mapisvc.inf anywhere on your system? If so,
can
you please rename it (e.g. to mapisvc.jnf) ? ======= mapisvc.inf =
C:\WIDOWS\system32 and MAPISVC.INF = C:\Program Files\System\MSMAPI\1043

P.