Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default 2 merges opened

In your circumstances, I would suggest that you only use the one data source
and that you only have one of the mail merge main documents open at a time.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"A" wrote in message
Not sure how to do that. Maybe you could tell me. Right now I have just
redone the data source so each one has it, but that means I have to enter
the
info twice. These documents are labels, one has addresses the other just
name, date of birth. Not sure if I can combine the two label documents to
use one data source. Please let me know if this is possible and how to do
it

thanks
Annie

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Yes, you could combine the two main documents into one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"A" wrote in message
I use the same data source for 2 slightly different mail merge
documents.
How can I access the data to edit information while both documents are
opened? I get an error msg stating the data base engine failed. I
find
that
I have to close one of the merged documents in order to edit the other,
even
though both use the same data source. How do I work around this?? Can
have
multiple different pages to my document and still use and edit the date
source??

please advise ASAP, driving me crazy

Annie