Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM StevenM is offline

Default How to PERMANENTLY (for every doc) set Auto-Capitalization to OFF

(1) Find your €śNormal.dot€ť file

To do this, goto Tools - Options, click on the tab which reads €śFile
Locations€ť
Then Right click on €śStart€ť - €śExplore€ť and find €śNormal.dot€ť

(2) Open your €śNormal.dot€ť file

Right click on the €śNormal€ť file and open it (but not with €śNew€ť).
Make your changes and close the template.

Also see: http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Customizat...alTemplate.htm
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=151

"Pablo Suarez" wrote:

Ok, I can always set the Auto-capitalization of the first letter of each paragraph to off
for every individual document. However when I open another existing (or create a new doc)
the the Auto-capitalization is set again to the initial value "ON".

Is there a way to turn off "Auto-capitalization" for ALL Word2003 docs in the future?

Pablo