Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merging Email - option not available

That does not sound like the correct answer to the question. With documnet
open in Word, select Send from the File menu and complete the steps that
then appear and see if the mail item so generated is sent.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"g collins" wrote in message
Yes - I created the document, selected the email recipient from a data
file
imported from excel file, basically followed through all the steps from
the
"Answer Box" article "Send email messages to a group using mail merge in
Word",
and "sent" the email. It never arrived.

| When you say a test email, do you mean using Send from the File menu in
| Word?
|
| --
| Hope this helps.
|
| Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
| services on a paid consulting basis.
|
| Doug Robbins - Word MVP
|
| "g collins" wrote in message
| Thank you.
|
| I did do that and got the email option to reveal, created a test
email,
| and made
| several attempts to send the message to myself. Unfortunately, I never
| received
| it, so that's another issue that I need to resolve. Any suggestions as
| what I
| try next?
|
| Appreciate your help..
|

| "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message
| | See http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm
| |
| | --
| | Hope this helps.
| |
| | Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
| | services on a paid consulting basis.
| |
| | Doug Robbins - Word MVP
| |
| | "g collins" wrote in message
| | I am trying to use merge to email using Outlook Express 6 and Word
2003
| | following how to on Answer Box but the option to merge to email
not
| | available in
| | Word. Found instructions on editing the registry to accomplish
this
| but
| | when I
| | tried to import the file created on notepad, it said it was not a
| registry
| | file
| | despite the fact that I saved it with the .reg extension.
| |
| | Thanks for any advice on the subject.
| |
| |