Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JenC78 JenC78 is offline

Default issues when file merged on one computer, printed from another

I am in the process of producing merged letters (in Word 2003) where the
first page is on letterhead and the second page on plain paper - with the
appropriate margins and alternating paper trays. I can successfully merge
and print from my own computer, but if I merge and send to someone else, it
doesn't seem to work and prints everything to the same paper tray. I thought
that perhaps if I got it all set up, sent her the template and the data
source, and she merged it on the computer that would then send it to the
printer, that that would work. She tells me that it didn't, and that it's
the Section Breaks that are causing the problem. (But I'm not 100% certain
that she followed my exact directions in what to do, and removing the section
breaks also removes the margin info.)

So for the mailing that just printed, the blank paper was manually collated,
and then the document printed. I'm looking for a way to do this smoother
next time...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the site, it already helped me figure out a few things that had
me stumped.