Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default automatically extract footnotes into new file and €¦

Hi hrdwa,

If you convert the footnotes to endnotes (ReferencesFootnotesConvert), ensuring the numbering is set to 'continuous', that'll put
all the footnotes at the end of the document, from where you can easily copy & paste them into another document.

To clean up the main document, you can simply delete the footnotes that you had previously copied. This will still leave their
markers in the body of the document, and you can use Find/Replace to re-format those your desired Style.

Find = ^e
Replace = ^&
Replacement Style = 'InDesignFootnote'

You can do the same for the destination document.

--
Cheers
macropod

"hrdwa" wrote in message ...
I need to import .docs (or possibly .docx) into InDesign. Footnotes need to
be a seperate file, footnote numbers in main text need to have a specific
character style applied to them. I can't ask the authors to sett up two
seperate files, they will deliver standard texts with the app's footnotes
function used. What I'm looking for is a way to automatically split this
standard file into two, one containing the main text, ideally with all the
footnote numbers getting a specifyable character style applied to them (but
if that's not possible, it would suffice to have them remain where they were
and apply this c.s. manually), the other containing the footnotes, equally
with the numbers kept and ideally with a second c.s. applied to them.

If there would be any way, and array of scripts or whatever to achieve this?
That would be of great great help. Thanks a lot in advance.