Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hrdwa hrdwa is offline

Default automatically extract footnotes into new file and €¦

Hello Doug, thanks for your reply. I found out that, as Word's help states:
€žOffice 2008 for Mac cannot run Visual Basic macros or load add-ins that
contain Visual Basic macros.€ś. The alternative recommended by Microsoft is
using AppleScripts. I tried saving the code you posted as an AppleScript
(which I'm unfamiliar with, so I can't tell what it should look like), and
got the message: The document €śUntitled€ť could not be saved.
Maybe someone has a solution for this, like converting the script (might it
be written in VisualBasic?) into AppleScript?
Thanks