Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default un-merge a cell in word table

To unmerge a cell, you have to split it. Sometimes, it's easier to insert a
new row with all of the required cells, using the ability to insert below or
above a row, and then copy the required parts of the text in the merge cell
to the individual cells in the new row and then delete the row containing
the merged cell(s)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shelly" wrote in message
How do I un-merge a cell in a word table. I have 2 side by side columns
of
tables. I am affecting the line in the first table when I try to go from
2
lines to 1 line (which I had previously merged)