Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
srdiamond

Default Problem tabbing to enter data in table

This sounds like a hardware problem but it is a Word problem experienced in
connection with Tables:

When entering data into a table in Microsoft Word 2003, using the tab key to
navigate from cell to cell, if I don't press the tab key firmly and sharply
and sometimes even when I do push it that way, the keyboard will either fail
to execute a tab or it will do so partially. This "partial" response happens
most often when the first letter the first letter of the table cell is
capitalized, and the letter is omitted. I call it a "partial" response,
because hitting the tab key a second produces the correct capital letter.

I know it isn't a hardware problem, because repeated use of the tab key in
NotePad is unploblematic. I think there is some setting that's being applied
to tables that creates problems. I turned off AutoCorrect, so that's not
where the problem lies. Any ideas about this?

Stephen Diamond