Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Why does the entire document turn black with the stroke of anykey

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303507 "Black bar appears
across the page when you type text in Word 2002".

Koko wrote:
I'm using Word 2003. When I open the program, the entire page is gray in
color (as opposed to white). When I go to type something, the entire
document turns to black and the letters are red with a squiggly underline.
Any suggestions on how to make this go away? I'm just simply trying to type
a document, nothing unusual.