Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janazago

Default Next IF Field

I am trying to merge data from Access into a Word Document. I have a
table with 5 columns for my main document. I have about 150 records in
my database.

I want to put a specific record into various cells in the table. I
tried "next If" and put in the criteria. It just repeated the first
record.

I also put my data in the order I wanted it and then just used "Next
Record." That worked until I tried to span the records across the
table and then down. It did not merge the records into the cells I
wanted them in.

Does Word read from left to right and then down? If so, that should
have worked.

Frustrated...I can't get this do do what I want. HELP!

--
Janazago