garfield-n-odie

It's easy enough to insert text boxes with contents as described, but
your printer will probably not be able to print the text boxes close
enough to the edge of the page that you can see them by looking at the
edge of the manual.

Rabbit Farmer wrote:

I am putting together a manual. I want the number 1 to be printed in a red
box about 3 inches down the page for each page within chapter 1 (could be 20
pages in length). Then, for chapter 2, I want the number 2 to be printed in
a blue box about 5 inches down the page for each page in chapter 2 and so on.
Each chapter will have its chapter number in a small colored box (ok for
boxes to all be black with a white number). Then, then looking at the edge
of the manual, I will be able to see where chapter one is, chapter 2, etc.
For you VW folks out there... think of the VW Rabbit Bentley manual for an
example.

Thanks for your help!
Steve