Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default WD2007: Why won't added template "stcik" as add-in?

To add to what Lisa has said, if you manually add the template via the
Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, it is only loaded into memory as a global
template for the current session of Word. The Startup folder is the way to
have Word automatically load the template each time the program starts.

Also, it's probably best not to use the same name for both a document
template and an add-in. Rename one or the other...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lisa Wilke-Thissen" wrote in message
Hi,

I created a template (dotm) file, dropped it into the
Templates folder, and added it as an add-in
(Word Options, Manage Word Add-ins). I check
the box, OK out, and close Word. When I open up
again, it's not enabled!

You have to save the template itself, or a link to the template, in the
StartUP folder of Word.

--
Cheers,
Lisa