If you use autonumbers in that column, they will still be correct after
sorting. Or you could use SEQ fields; you'll need to update (F9) after
sorting.

"KGlennC" wrote in message
I want to sort a table that has 4 columns, but I want to sort the first 3
columns only, leaving the 4th column intact. The 4th column is a listing

of
consecutive numbers from 1 to whatever the last row is. I continually add

to the table and need to know how many entries arfe in the table.

There doesn't appear to be a way to select columns to sort, or the

reverse,
columns to exclude from the sort. Am I missing something?