Greg Maxey

Jack Sons,

Yes Graham is probably right. I cobbled together the following which first
converts textboxes to frames and then removes the frame.

Sub ScratchMacro()
'Convert textbox text to plain text
Dim oShp As Shape
Dim i As Integer
For Each oShp In ActiveDocument.Shapes
If oShp.Type = msoTextBox Then oShp.ConvertToFrame
Next oShp
For i = ActiveDocument.Frames.Count To 1 Step -1
With ActiveDocument.Frames(i)
.Borders.Enable = False
With .Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With
End With
Next
End Sub

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Jack Sons wrote:
Hi all,

I scanned a document of may pages. The result (a rtf-file) looks
fine, but in reality the text I see is not "text in a document" but
text in textboxes.

I really need this to convert to text "directly in the document",
like in any "normal" document. I mean that it will be as if I typed
it directly into the document.

Of course I could select (highlight) the text in the first textbox
and than paste it to a new document (a doc-file), do the same with
the text of the next textbox, past it below the first text in the new
docment etc. I tried, did it for a lot of textboxes, but it will be
very tedious to do it with the whole document because of the many
hundreds - maybe thouthands - of textboxes, some of which contain
only a single line of text..

Also there is a strange effect, when I try to "control c - control v
" the highlighted text of a textbox to the other document, suddenly
it is not the text that is copied to the new document, but the whole
textbox, and so it just moved the problem from one document to the
other one.

Can anyone show me a way out? Perhaps with VBA it will be possible to
convert all textboxes at once to normal text.

I am in very urgent need for advice. Please help.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands