Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeighWKUStudent LeighWKUStudent is offline

Default Why is my Microsoft Word document locked?

I just bought a new computer with a 60-day trial version of MS Office S&T
Edition. I just registered this product with Microsoft a few minutes ago and
activated the software. When I try to modify a Word document I transferred
over from my old computer, it tells me "This modification is not allowed
because the document is locked." How do I unlock it? This is urgent!!