Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Opening Existing Data Source in Excel

It isn't completely clear whether you are ever able to connect to your data
source - are you saying
a. that you can connect, but you always have to reconnect when you re-open
your mail merge main document (this is quite a common problem although the
solution is not usually so clear)
or
b. that you cannot connect at all (which is probably a less common problem,
and suggests that there may be a problem in your Excel workbook.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"oykeong" wrote in message
I am using Windows XP, MS Word 2002 and MS Excel 2002. I am now having
problem with opening my data source in Excel.

When I try to open my Word Main Document, a dialog box opens with this
prompt " Master Purchase Requisition.doc is a mail merge maind document.
Word
cannot fints its data source, C:\...\DataForPurchaseRequisition.xls."

When I click the "Find Data Source" button of the above dialog box,
another
dialog box entitled "Select Table" appears. I navigated this second dialog
box until I find the relevant Excel Spreadsheet and then click "OK".

After this, however, the first dialog box re-surfaces. I repeated the
whole
process and sometimes, another dialog box with the prompt "Word cannot
open
the data source" would pop-up.

I hope someone will be able to help me with this.

Thank you very much.