Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brad Brad is offline

Default Moving ("Send To" button) documents from Desktop to My Documen

Vista Home Premium

"Reitanos" wrote:

You seem to think that you're not responsible for where documents are
saved; while Word has a default location, it is always up to the user
to determine the Filename, Save Location, and Document Type.
Also, the Send To command is a Windows command and has nothing to do
with Word (except that Word may have the document open). Did you
change Windows versions too?

On Jul 29, 10:01 am, brad wrote:
I just changed from Word 98 to Word 2007 (not happy!) - Sometimes I create a
new Word document and it (for some unknown reason) ends up on Desktop. When I
right-click and then select Send To the box with 3 choices opens - and no
matter what choice I choose, nothing happens. In Word 98 the document would
immediately disappear from the Desktop and then appear in My Documents -
which is all I'm asking - is that asking too much from Word 2007??? Thanks!