Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WillW WillW is offline

Default Conditional Cell Color

I saw some other questions regarding conditional formating in Word tables, so
I don't hold out much hope for this. But it seems simple enough that there
might be some relatively easy way to do it.

Here's the situation: In a cell in the top row of a table in my Word
template, only 3 values are possible to select using a control: Green,
Yellow, Red. Can I make Word change the cell fill color based on the option
selected?

I tried using an embedded Excel table, but it just doesn't seem to be the
right solution in this case, and my manager doesn't want to use Excel for the
whole document as I suggested.

Thanks