Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Costs too much!

I think Ctrl+M has always been used for Indent. I don't use it because I
have it assigned to an em dash.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Because it's next to Ctrl-F, which is busy doing something else?

I'm sure Ctrl-M used to open the Paragraph dialog, but now it does
something else (that isn't useful). That can't have been only a
FrameMaker thing, can it?

On May 24, 11:28 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Ctrl+D is even simpler for opening the font dialog, though I've never
understood why it was chosen.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message

The most commonly used dialogs, for the Font and Paragraph groups, are
also on the right-click context menu in many contexts (although,
inexplicably, not in tables). Also, the Font dialog has a default
keyboard
shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+F. There is no default shortcut for the Paragraph
dialog, but you can assign one through Office button Customize
Keyboard Customize -- in the category Home Tab, select the
FormatParagraph
command and assign your preferred shortcut.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Worn Out Retread wrote:
I am a "new user" of Office 2007 and am slowly getting used to the
ribbon. There is one thing with the ribbon though that I with eyes
that are not what they used to be would like an answer to or a fix
and that is the little "hot spot" to click on to expand the ribbon
with more options. An example is the Font panel has a little hot spot
in the lower left corner. It is very small on my desktop monitor and
is nearly invisible using a laptop computer. Under some lighting
conditions that hot spot can't be seen at all.
Is there a setting that I have missed for this?

Otherwise, my complaints list is getting shorter.....it is the
learning curve for something that is different that is the source of
most complaints I think.