Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I find and re-name Normal.dot

The problem with any kind of certification is that it's only as good as its
name recognition. What good would an Oxford degree be if no one had ever
heard of Oxford University? This was also the situation with the MVP
designation when I started. By dint of immense effort, MS has made the award
more visible within MS and, to some extent, in the tech industry, but for
the man on the street, it means nothing, which means that for me the
designation itself has no (or little) value outside these NGs (since my
business is not tech-related).

When I teach free Word courses at the public library, I can tell people I'm
a Microsoft MVP and try to explain what that means, but it is much less
impressive to them than what I can teach them about how to use Word. And
that's as it should be: no piece of paper (actual or notional) should take
the place of proven competence. If the cert can get you in the door, that's
good, but it's what you accomplish after you're there that will look good on
your résumé thereafter.

"six-h via OfficeKB.com" u24915@uwe wrote in message
Heartening to know that I'm not the only one with a certificate. lol
It sank without trace here in the UK, even before the name change!!

Geoff.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I think most Word/Office MVPs are familiar with MOUS certification (and
some
have it), but we got a bit confused when MS changed the name to (I think)
MOS, which was less recognizable.

Hi Suzanne,

[quoted text clipped - 40 lines]
Can someone help me with "Idiot proof instructions"?
Please!