Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How do I find and re-name Normal.dot

Agreed. The referenced article, I noticed, does suggest Normal.old or
Oldnormal.dot, but I think that just reflects my ignorance at the time I was
writing it.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
You should really rename them as normal.old or normal.bad because with a
.dot extension, Windows will still see them as a template. Then it doesn't
matter how many you create. But sure, delete the oldest.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"six-h via OfficeKB.com" u24915@uwe wrote in message
Thanks JoAnn,
That's a useful tip, and I'll try to remember it for future!
By the way, I'm using "Word2002", and noticed when fixing this problem
the
other day, that on both occasions that I have needed to do so, there were
two
instances of the Global template in existence at the same time.
I've now got two"Normalold.dot's" and two "oldNormal.dot's" I think maybe
now
it's safe to delete one set, at least!

Regards.
Geoff Vost.

JoAnn Paules wrote:
Don't forget that you can use Google Groups to search for older posts in
the
Microsoft newsgroups. I've been doing that a bit lately myself. I'm
trying
to learn Access and have questions that I know had to have been asked
before. ;-)

You should only have one normal.dot. Have you tried using Windows
Explorer?
[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]

six-h