Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Carriage return after page break

If you're using a table for this, instead of inserting a manual page break,
format the top row of the table as "Page break before." The only way to make
this work is to set the merge up as a "label" merge so that the same table
will repeat on each page; if you do a "catalog" or "directory" merge using
table rows, then all rows will be identical (so you'd get a page break
before every row).

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am creating word docs from a web application using document merge
fields. Everything works great except:

One of the documents is a list of vouchers which print 3 to a page. The
number of vouchers is variable, so the doc prints only as many as it
needs. I can do this no problem with docs up to 3 vouchers. I
automatically insert a page break after every third voucher to try and
maintain the spacing from page one. However, Word always inserts a
carriage return on the first line of every page after page 1. So while
page 1 prints perfectly into the voucher stock paper, the rest of the
pages are one line too low. I cannot figure out how to keep this
carriage return from appearing.

Word XP.

Thanks,
Chris