Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
suezylogan suezylogan is offline

Default How do I format odd and even pages differently throughout a do

Thank you Jay. I have already done this, which does set up the pages this
way. The problem I am encountering is that even with the mirrored margins,
my text still aligns to the right side page (odd numbered pages) and then the
left side is off because there is a gutter in the center of the two pages.
the only way I have found to correctly align the text on the page is to
manually move it for each page. Is there an easier way to do this?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

suezylogan wrote:
I am trying to set up a Word doc as a 2 page layout with mirrored
margins/headers. I figured out how to set up the mirrored headers,
but is there a way to set up different margins/indents for the odd
and even pages throughout the document without adding a section break
and re-doing for each page?

Thanks!!

In File Page Setup, on the Margins tab, open the "Multiple pages" dropdown
and select "Mirror margins". When you do that, the Left and Right margin
settings in the top part of the dialog change to Inside and Outside. The
diagram at the bottom of the dialog will reflect the settings as you change
them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman