Walter Wood

Hi Don,

Try going into Tools, Option, Spelling and Grammer and then click on the
Check Document button. This will reset the entire document and recheck
everything. While there also make sure that "Hide Spelling Errors" and
"Hide Grmamatical errors" are unchecked while "Check spelling as you type"
and "Check grammer as you type" are checked. .

HTH
Walter

"Don Johnson" Don wrote in message
I have created my resume in a table formatin MS-Word 2003, and spell check
clearly misses words that are misspelled (I purposely typed false words to
test). However, auto-correct seems to work, as it changed "frendly" to
"friendly" without question.

Clicking the spell check mark on the whole document told me all was ok, as
did clicking it when the text in only one cell was selected.

Is there a configuration setting causing this, or is it a limitation?
Every time I go to Tools/Language/Set Language, the box is checked "Do
not
check spelling or grammar" and unchecking it does not work.

Any ideas, please?

Don Johnson