Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Word 2007 Format Painter doesn't work when d-clicked

I have this same problem on my machine. Here's what I know, I upgraded from
office 2003. I did this on 2 machines, they both have this problem with
format painter, won't double click. I took the same CD and installed it on a
system that never had office before, and format painter works with 2 clicks.
I tried un-installing office 2K3 and 2K7 on the first machine, and
re-installing with SP1. It did not fix this issue. There has to be something
in the registry that is sticking around that is breaking format painter.

Anyone have a fix for this? It does it in safe mode and the office diag
finds nothing. This is really annoying!!!

"Roberta" wrote:

The format painter works with a single click, however when double-clicked it
works once then I have to go back and click it from the tool bar. Is this a
bug in 2007? Not every PC here with Word 2007 is doing this. We are on
Windows XP Pro.