Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Problem: "Insert Merge Field" button is greyed-out

That button will not become active until you have attached a data source to
the main document. Use the second button from the left hand end of the
toolbar to do that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Robert Judge" wrote in message
I am trying to create a WORD 2003 mail merge document and I want to insert
an
address merge field. The "Insert Word Field" button is active, however,
the
"Insert Merge Field" button to the left of it, that I need, is greyed out.

How can I activate the "Insert Merge Field" button? I will appreciate
advice.