Graham Mayor

You can use the old methods still -
There is no difference in the insertion of graphics - the drawing canvas can
be turned off from tools options if not required.

A frustrated long-time user wrote:
The mail merge in XP and later is totally clunky and
over-complicated. There are many more steps in XP/2003 to get the
same results as in 2000. The mail merge in 2000 worked just fine -
why was it changed? This is why I hate "upgrading" - the useful
features get changed and the real bugs don't.

I want the superior old style mail merge back. And that goes for
inserting pictures and clip art too - more steps to the same end.