Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
robertg123 robertg123 is offline

Default Footer problem

Okay - I've narrowed it down but still not solved it.

It has something to do with the logo on the first page header. When I delete
that, the footer prints fine. I have tried re-inserting it as part of the
main document rather than the header, but that doesn't help. I have also
tried using a different version of the logo, but still the same issue

Any ideas?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Have you compares the first page with a subsequent page in Page Layout View
at high magnification and non-printing characters displayed?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"robertg123" wrote in message
Hello
I have a very strange problem with footers. I have set up a company
letterhead - the first page has the company logo in the header and some
company information in the footer. The footer is repeated on all
subsequent
pages -- same text, same font, same position.
When I print the letterhead, the footer is cut-off on the first page - but
does display on all subsequent pages. If I move the footer further up the
page, then it prints out fine. It would appear to be some sort of printer
margin error - but I'm at a loss to understand why subsequent pages print
out
fine, even though the footer is in the same position.

rgds