Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
alan

Default how to add date-printed at end of word document?

thanks -- and the detail on how to enter curly braces is appreciated too.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

You can insert a conditional page field in the footer:

{ if { page } = { numpages } { printdate \* mergeformat } }

Don't type the curly braces. Instead, press Ctrl+F9 to enter them.

alan wrote:

Is there a way to add the date-printed to the bottom of the last page of a
document (kind of like a footer, but on the final page only)?

I can insert date-printed by hand, using linefeeds to float it to the
bottom, but I'd like it to be at the bottom regardless of changes to the
document text.

thanks