Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Word Mailmerge Question

Word 2002 is another name for Word XP.

Peter Jamieson
"Amy" wrote in message
I am using Word 2002. Will the add-ins work for this version?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What version of Word are you using? If it is XP or later, the addin that
have created that you can download from Graham's site has all of the
necessary code in it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amy" wrote in message
I now have the macros in VBA. Thank you again! But now I am trying to
Print
to PDF. It is pulling the correct name for the save as but I can't
figure
out how to have the save button to be scripted. I would like this to
be
fully automated. Here is my code.

Sub Test1()
' splitter Macro modified to save individual letters with
' information from data source. The filename data must be added to
' the top of the merge letter - see web article.

Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Letters = Selection.Information(wdActiveEndSectionNumber)
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Counter = 1
While Counter Letters
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Selection

.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
.EndKey Unit:=wdLine, Extend:=wdExtend
.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend

End With
sName = Selection
Docname = "F:\ia\Monthly\Merge\" & sName & ".doc"
ActiveDocument.Sections.First.Range.Cut
Documents.Add
With Selection
.Paste
.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend
End With
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=Docname, _
FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument
ActiveWindow.Close
Counter = Counter + 1
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ActivePrinter = "Acrobat PDFWriter"
Application.PrintOut FileName:=Docname, Range:=wdPrintAllDocument,
Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="",
PageType:=wdPrintAllPages, _
ManualDuplexPrint:=False, Collate:=True, Background:=True,
PrintToFile:= _
False, PrintZoomColumn:=0, PrintZoomRow:=0,
PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0,
_
PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0
Wend

End Sub

"Amy" wrote:

Thank you so much! This really helps! I will test your macros today!

Amy

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to
Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site
will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename
taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss. It can also
create
each letter as a separte .pdf file.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amy" wrote in message
I have a mailmerge for a client letter that includes several
hundred
one
page
letters in a single document. What I need to happen is to print
each
letter
as a single print job to Adobe PDFwritter so it will create a .pdf
file
named
from the client's name merge field. Any ideas?
I haven't found anything in the help file. I have tried a couple
of
downloads that splits pdf files.

Thank you!

Amy