Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Word "cannot find" a file even though I am clicking on it

Are you sure it's a file and not just a link to a file that's no longer
there?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Itinerantscholar" wrote in
message ...
Often when I open up a folder and click on a file, Word will hang for a
minute or two. The blue ring will go around and around. Then I get this
message:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\\Users\[My first name]\Documents\[File name].doc'
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I just clicked on the file, so why can't Windows find it?