Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Itinerantscholar Itinerantscholar is offline

Default Word "cannot find" a file even though I am clicking on it

This does seem to have solved the problem. I wasn't able to find "Options"
or "Office Plugin" on my own, though. I contacted Symantec and a tech
support person in southern India was able to locate the problem and fix it by
remote control.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Open NAV and under options deselect the Office Plugin.

Terry

"Itinerantscholar" wrote in
message ...
The file is definitely there! After I get the "Windows cannot find"
message,
I click "OK," then click on the file again and then that second time the
file
opens. But this means it often takes me several minutes to get the file
open, and I shouldn't have to ask twice anyway.

But I DO have Norton Anti Virus! What then?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Unless you have Norton Anti Virus, try reregistering Word. From Start,
Run
type in

winword /r

and press enter. Test again.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Itinerantscholar" wrote in
message ...
Often when I open up a folder and click on a file, Word will hang for a
minute or two. The blue ring will go around and around. Then I get
this
message:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\\Users\[My first name]\Documents\[File
name].doc'
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I just clicked on the file, so why can't Windows find it?