Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Link to previous button disabled

Do you have more than one section? This button won't be enabled unless you
do. You can't link between First Page Header and Odd Page Header and Even
Page Header; they're all separate. The Link button there only links the
First Page Header in Section 1 to the First Page Header in Section 2 and so
on.

"WG, LI" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm putting together a new format. I have different first page and
different
odd and even headers and footers. I created a template and am using it to
create a new test document.

However, as I'm working with my headers and footers, the "Link to
Previous"
button is disabled (grayed out) and I can't select it. I've never seen
this
before - can anyone tell my why this is happening and how I can enable the
button again? I don't want to have to copy and paste the same info into
the
headers and footers.

Any advice is welcome.