Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word "cannot find" a file even though I am clicking on it

Is it just one file or any file you try to open?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Just wondering" wrote in message

"Itinerantscholar" wrote:

Often when I open up a folder and click on a file, Word will hang for a
minute or two. The blue ring will go around and around. Then I get this
message:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\\Users\[My first name]\Documents\[File
name].doc'
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I just clicked on the file, so why can't Windows find it?

In Word 2007 - this seems to be the way it tells me that the file is in
use
by someone else.