Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jodi[_2_] Jodi[_2_] is offline

Default Word "cannot find" a file even though I am clicking on it

I am getting the same problem and I do not know where to look for the
Add-in's. Can you point me to the right direction so I can resolve this
problem too. It does it when it is an email file attachment for me.
--
Jodi
Admin Assistant

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Yes. Omnipage has been troublesome. They may have an update that is fully
compatible with 2007.

Terry

"Earl R" wrote in message
It is not just one file. It is many files. I stopped it from occuring by
eliminating several "add-in" programs. I think the Omnipage Add-ins are
the
most suspicious.

Earl

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Is it just one file or any file you try to open?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Just wondering" wrote in
message

"Itinerantscholar" wrote:

Often when I open up a folder and click on a file, Word will hang for
minute or two. The blue ring will go around and around. Then I get
this
message:

"Windows cannot find 'C:\\Users\[My first name]\Documents\[File
name].doc'
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I just clicked on the file, so why can't Windows find it?

In Word 2007 - this seems to be the way it tells me that the file is in
use
by someone else.