Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Grid lines DO print, sometimes, and sometimes not

The only explanation I can think of for this (aside from printer driver
issues) would be the following scenario:

1. You create a document based on Normal.dot or another document template.

2. You open the document on another computer; if you used a template other
than Normal.dot, a template with the same name is present on the second
computer.

3. The template in question has a different Table AutoFormat selected as the
default.

4. "Automatically update document styles" is enabled for the template in
question; the table style would be updated to the different formatting
(borders rather than no borders).

This seems pretty far-fetched, though.

"Jan Spruit" .(donotspam) wrote in message
Grid lines in tables are supposed to be not printable. The first time I

print
my document, the do indeed not show in print. When I print again they show
(sometimes), and also (hidden) borders. When I close and restart Word, the
first time printing is OK again. Print preview is always OK.
My printer is HP Laserjet 4250 tn, but it occurs also with other printers.

do have the right printer drivers (I think).
Tables are used in the headers of thousands of letters we send, so a
solution would be very welcome.
--
Jan Spruit
Housing department Amsterdam