Posted to microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default When I type fff the first two letters are closer than the last two

I'm not seeing that here, but possibly an AutoCorrect entry has been set up
to substitute an ff ligature for two f's. This character is not present in
most fonts (though some do contain the fi and fl ligatures), but it is
available in "expert" fonts and possibly in OpenType fonts (though not
necessarily accessible directly in Word's Symbol dialog. You might try
asking this question in the microsoft.public.word.printingfonts NG.

Note that two of the NGs you're posting to (.word and .word.general) have
been deprecated on the Microsoft server and so will not be propagated to
some other news servers.

"Peter Olcott" wrote in message
Why is it when I type fff in Bold Italic 24 Point Times New Roman that the

first
two letters are closer together than the last two letters?

Thanks