Posted to microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.general,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
anon k

Default When I type fff the first two letters are closer than the lasttwo

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I'm not seeing that here, but possibly an AutoCorrect entry has been set up
to substitute an ff ligature for two f's. This character is not present in
most fonts (though some do contain the fi and fl ligatures), but it is
available in "expert" fonts and possibly in OpenType fonts (though not
necessarily accessible directly in Word's Symbol dialog. You might try
asking this question in the microsoft.public.word.printingfonts NG.

Note that two of the NGs you're posting to (.word and .word.general) have
been deprecated on the Microsoft server and so will not be propagated to
some other news servers.

While we're onto this topic, how do you set Word to automatically print
the ligatured forms when they're available? In some fonts the
non-ligatured combinations crash really badly.