See Control Panel | Regional Options | Input Locales.

"tomv44" wrote in message
news
Sounds reasonable, but I selected the keyboard from a drop down definitive
list to set up the keyboard; i.e. "Microsoft Wireless Multimedia

Keyboard",
which directed me to check the model on the bottom of same.

Perhaps you refer to a selection within the Word programme itself?
Directions please. And thank you very much for your time. Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You've probably got an international keyboard layout selected instead of
English (U.S.).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Tom V" Tom wrote in message
When I include a word or phrase in quotation marks, the actual marks

do
not
appear until the next character is keyed. I am used to seeing them

appear
immediately. This occurred spontaneously. I know there is a checkbox
somewhere to remedy this, but I can't find it . It probably has

something
do with accented letters. My version of Word is 2002. Thank you.