Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Get Word Table header row to repeat - instructions don't work.

Hi easbrown,

Heading Rows Repeat will only work if the table actually spans at least two pages. If you've inserted a pge-break to force a row to
start on the next page, then you've actually split the table in two and it's no longer a single table to which the 'Heading Rows
Repeat' applies.

--
Cheers
macropod

"easbrown" wrote in message ...
I am working with a long table in Word, and want the header row to repeat at
the top of each page. I have done what the instructions say, namely selected
the first row, clicked "repeat header row" on the Table menu, but it is not
working. Any ideas? I understand that it only shows up in print layout
view, but I have actually printed the document, and the header row does not
repeat.