Steve King

I've followed all of these suggestions and still have the quote marks delay
issue. I only have a choice of English (New Zealand) in my Input Locales
language window. I'm loath to remove the United States- International
keyboard setting in case I lose the keyboard completely!
Steve

"tomv44" wrote:

Suzanne,
You were exactly correct with your first response. Pardon my complete
ignorance.
We non-US English speakers don't usually take much notice of such
refinements. Thanks again. Tom

Jay, your elaborations gave excellent direction. I took your advice for the
remaining procedures. So, the problem is fixed, and I am much the wiser!

Tom

"Tom V" wrote:

When I include a word or phrase in quotation marks, the actual marks do not
appear until the next character is keyed. I am used to seeing them appear
immediately. This occurred spontaneously. I know there is a checkbox
somewhere to remedy this, but I can't find it . It probably has something to
do with accented letters. My version of Word is 2002. Thank you.