Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Embedded spreadsheet blanking

Hi 42410,

It seems no one else can remember, either... I've never had this happen to me,
but I have seen occasional reports. Can't recall what the resolution was,
although knowing which version of Word is involved might help?

I'd guess it may be one of these reasons

1. You have a third-party software installed (file management, anti-virus)
that's interfering with the proper execution of the OLE functionality required
for editing/maintaining the embedded object.

2. The internal structures of this particular document are damaged.

When I fill an embedded 'Excel' spreadsheet with data in 'Word' and save the
document, the
next time I reload the file to do further work on it, the spreadsheet is
populated with my data but, when I double click the spreadsheet to edit the
contained data, the spreadsheet is empty.

What have I done wrong?

I have seen this happen before, a long while ago, but I can't remember what
I had to do to prevent it happening. Can someone please remind me?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org