Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multi-coloured text in TOC possible?

Actually, this has come up before, and I found, to my surprise, that while
many kinds of direct font formatting (bold, italic, underline, All Caps,
small caps, and the like) are reflected in the TOC, font color is not.
Another example of Word doing just the opposite of what would really be
helpful.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
How did you apply the color to text? By default, direct font formatting
(that is, formatting not applied via a style) should reflect in the TOC.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kipster" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm new to the forum - hope you can help me out!

I have a document that was originally English but has been translated
into Chinese. However it has been done so that it is now a bilingual
document, with the translated text inserted below each paragraph using a
manual line break to separate the English text from the Chinese text.
The Chinese text has then been formatted with a blue font colour to make
the document visually easier to read.

I have applied the \X switch in the TOC field to recognise the line
breaks in the TOC, so the TOC is displayed with the Chinese heading text
underneath the English heading text as per the main body of the
document.

However, the TOC only displays the Chinese text in black, despite it
being formatted blue in the headings. Is there any way to display this
in the TOC so the English text in the heading is black and the Chinese
text is blue?

--
kipster