OI66

Default Word documents slow to open

We've got a bunch of templates/docs that were created in Word 97. Things
were moving smoothly until last night when we disabled our old server and
switched to a new one (old one was Win2kPro Server and the new one is Win2k3
Server). This morning people were complaining that their word files that
were working fine yesterday are now taking upwards of 2-3 minutes to open.
This files are about 48k and the header (as far as i know) was made up of
text boxes and a black square shape. You used to be able to double click the
object and it would open in another window (presumably MSDRAW, though i never
checked) you could edit the contents of the "drawing" and then close and it
would update. Now however, when you double click it you get the "Object
created in MSDraw" error.

Anyone know why this slowdown would occur? It's onlly my assumption that it
has to do with the header. Might the old files be reaching for a template
that was on the old server?

Thanks

-O.