Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Theresa

Default How do I insert copy and keep old margins?

I've seen your site, Suzanne, and had hoped you'd respond. It sounds like the
margins shouldn't change as a rule when copying in other text with different
margins. Still don't know how to fix it though.

There are not section breaks or special marks in the copy I'm pasting in.
Just think of your average person that is hitting the enter key at the end of
a paragraph to start a new paragraph. I am setting this up for multiple
people to use.

I'm pasting in copy from other miscellaneous letters that have different
margins than the margin I want. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Additional thoughts?
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unless you're pasting in text that contains section breaks (or the final
paragraph mark), the margins (and the rest of the page layout) should remain
unchanged.

"Theresa" wrote in message
(sorry if this is a repeat. First timer and I don't think my posting went
through)

I created electronic letterhead with logo artwork inserted across the top

of
the page (margins are 0). I then set margins for the bodycopy and saved

the
file. However, if someone copies and pastes copy to replace the existing
bodycopy, the margins don't always stay the same. Is there a way to insert
new copy without having to alter the margin each time?

I've also tried inserting the logo artwork as the header and using a text
box for the bodycopy, but the body copy margins still are not permanent.

Help. I can't figure it out for the life of me.