The thing is, if you're going to make a template, why have the return
address on the right? Why not create bona fide letterhead, with your name
and address at the top? You deserve it! I often put the CREATEDATE field in
the First Page Header as well so that I can start typing with the inside
address (actually for that I use DataPrompter).

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
My workaround has been to create my own letter template - as Suzanne was
implying as the best approach. I have placed my address details into a

Text
Box at the right hand side. This leaves the left side free for simple
entering of the recipients details. As long as you don't intend to move to

new location in the next week, making the template saves time and effort.

I have also attached my own Envelope to the template because Word's

attempts
at envelopes leaves much to be desired!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Brian Ellis" wrote in message
: Thanks. Its a variation on Ians suggestion. It lacks a natural logic
: although it has a program logic.
:
:
: "Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
: .. .
: What's wrong with a right tab? Am I missing something?
:
: Right tab-sender name
: Right tab-sender address 1
: Recipient name-right tab-sender address 2
: Recipent address 1-right tab-sender city
: Recipient address 2
: Recipient city
:
: Tad annoying to type.